Send in your dress, makeup or hairstyle questions

A friend of mine recently asked me for some wedding dress help. We went dress shopping together and had a time. Not that great in the beginning, I mean. First off, she is petite and plus-sized, and she hadn't done her research on how to flatter her figure. All the dresses she had been thinking of just didn't look right when she put them on--the poofy ballgown dresses made her look lost in tulle, and a sheath dress and frilly mermaid style dress just didn't get us enthused.
I initially wanted her to find the dress she had been "dreaming about" without any intervention on my part. I had hoped she'd try one on, glow, and everyone would stare in awe telling her it was "the dress." Well, it didn't work out. But I had to do something before she got disappointed.

So.....I brought her a couple of A-line dresses, which started us on a roll. She instantly cheered up. She had insisted on a rounded classic style neckline, but when I showed her how a v-neck would look better, she agreed. So after an hour or so, she ended up with two styles, both A-lines, that really flattered her. They showed off her great bustline, brought her waist in, and hugged her beautiful curves. And she couldn't stop saying how comfortable they felt, not making her short of breath or have a hard time walking in a heavy ballgown dress. On leaving, a major rush of accomplishment ran through me.
The point is that I love helping out in the wedding dress/makeup/beauty arena.
I'd absolutely love any questions or concerns you might have on your looking gorgeous journey. Seriously!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Dresses to Flatter Your Figure

Bride's Instant Fix Kit